About the Program
The Alpine Training Team is perfect for young skiers who are looking to progress their skiing skills in a fun, mentor-based environment. Team members can expect to learn techniques to best prepare them for conquering the entire mountain, all while enjoying the slopes and meeting new friends.
- The Alpine Training Team is an 8-week youth program, open to skiers age 8 and older
- The program runs Saturdays & Sundays from January 9, 2021 through March 7, 2021
- Excluding President’s Day Weekend Feb 13 & 14
- Skiers need to be able to turn, stop, get up unassisted, and put their own skis on to be accepted into the Alpine Training Team.
- Children must be able to ride the chair lift by themselves. Coaches will not ride lifts with participants.
- Program cost: $299
- Ratio of participants to coaches will be 5 to 1. Due to this reduced group size, sessions will be half day only.
Students will only be allowed to book one session on either Saturday or Sunday. You cannot book both morning and afternoon sessions on one day or book a session on Saturday and a session on Sunday. This is to ensure that the maximum number of students can be accommodated.
- Saturday 9:30AM – 12:00PM
- Saturday 1:00PM – 3:30PM
- Sunday 1:00PM – 3:30PM
Regardless of your child’s goals, our instructors will challenge them to the limit of their skill set, whether they are beginner or advanced skiers, this program is designed to have something to offer all junior skiers. While the Alpine Training Team is not race focused, we will introduce participants to the basic concepts involved in ski racing.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or call (406) 446.2610
2021 Alpine Training Team
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What if my child can’t attend every session?
If your child is going to miss a training day, please call or email the Snowsports School so the group will not be delayed waiting for your arrival.
Contact us at: [email protected] or 406-446-2610 ext 203
- What do I do if we are late for the lesson?
Take your child to the learning area and our Snowsports staff will attempt to locate your group. If we are unable to locate them, bring your child to the afternoon training time.
- What will happen if my child gets separated from their group?
Anyone who becomes separated from their class should go to the morning meeting place at the Learning area.
- How are the children divided into groups?
Training Team Groups are based on the following criteria:
- Skill Development
- Leadership & Sportsmanship
- Attentiveness & Group Participation
- Safe & Courteous Skiing
- Does the cost of the program include lift tickets and rentals?
Lift Tickets and rental equipment are not included in the Training Team program. We recommend getting a season pass or a 6-Tix for your child. You can snag season-long rental equipment at Ski Boot RX or the Ski Station.
- Appropriately dress your children according to weather conditions. Skiers that are cold cannot learn at their optimum level. If coaches determine that a child is not dressed for the weather conditions, they will attempt to locate the parent and release the child for the day.
- The Training Team emphasizes teaching progressions of skiing fundamentals. In order to maintain lesson cohesiveness and continuity this requires regular and consistent attendance
Red Lodge Mountain only chooses the most qualified and committed instructors to work as instructors for the Alpine Training Team.
All instructors on the roster are certified on a national level through Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA). Furthermore, our instructors take multiple training sessions throughout the season in order to stay on the cutting edge of snow sports education; all for the goal of offering your children a safe, fun and structured learning environment