NEW this season we are offering a multi-week snowboard lesson for kids ages 8 – 12. The 6-week snowboard training team, affectionately known as the Red Lodge Riders, will focus on improving the basics of boarding with some light park instruction for those who are interested.
Group size limited to 5 students per instructor. Only 10 spots available.
- Age 8-12
- Must be able to ride all green runs on heel side.
- Must be able to ride lift without an adult.
- Saturday’s 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Beginning January 30, 2021 through March 13, 2021
- Excluding President’s Day Weekend Feb 13 & 14
* Lift Tickets and rental equipment are not included in the program.
- What if my child can’t attend every session?
If your child is going to miss a training day, please call or email the Snowsports School so the group will not be delayed waiting for your arrival.
Contact us at: [email protected] or 406-446-2610 ext 202
- What do I do if we are late for the lesson?
Take your child to the learning area and our Snowsports staff will attempt to locate your group.
- What will happen if my child gets separated from their group?
Anyone who becomes separated from their class should go to the meeting place at the Learning area.
- How are the children divided into groups?
Training Team Groups are based on the following criteria:
– Skill Development
– Leadership & Sportsmanship
– Attentiveness & Group Participation
– Safe & Courteous Riding
- Does the cost of the program include lift tickets and rentals?
Lift Tickets and rental equipment are not included in the Training Team program. We recommend getting a season pass or a 6-Tix for your child.
- Appropriately dress your children according to weather conditions. Skiers and riders that are cold cannot learn at their optimum level. If coaches determine that a child is not dressed for the weather conditions, they will attempt to locate the parent and release the child for the day.
- The Training Team emphasizes teaching progressions of snowboarding fundamentals. In order to maintain lesson cohesiveness and continuity this requires regular and consistent attendance
All instructors on the roster are certified on a national level through American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI). Furthermore, our instructors take multiple training sessions throughout the season in order to stay on the cutting edge of snow sports education; all for the goal of offering your children a safe, fun and structured learning environment