We are stepping up our annual "Ski Movie Event" with a double feature over the Christmas Stroll Weekend. We will be showing Red Bull Media House's "Tracing Skylines" on Friday night, and Sherpa Cinema's "Into the Mind" on Saturday afternoon. No better way to get the season rolling into the winter than a weekend of riding at your local hill, holiday cheer and ski movies. With time to enjoy the stroll either before or after the movies, you don't miss want to miss these great flicks!
Showing: Friday December 6, 2013 at the Roman Theater at 8pm. (Running Time is 50 minutes)
Tickets: $8 for adults and $6 for Childern. Tickets sold at the door starting at 7:15pm.
Every skier knows what it’s like to call a few friends, pack up, and head out for a trip. Rather than spend another winter chasing storms, six of the top pros and their closest pals embark on their own interpretations of a “trip of a lifetime,” taking them deep into new and uncharted territory:
- Sean Pettit ventures further in his home turf of British Columbia with Pep Fujas.
- Seth Morrison pinpoints a remote Alaska lighthouse to use as a home base, where he launches a helicopter expedition and finds fresh terrain to attack.
- Karl Fostvedt takes urban skiing to a whole new level by spending his time searching for the perfect jib, drops and jumps amidst the concrete jungle that is Detroit.
- Julien Regnier is found trekking the grueling 180km (110 mile) historic high alpine route between Chamonix, France and Zermatt, Switzerland.
- Finally, Bobby Brown brings the crew back together for a spring session to wrap a season that won’t soon be forgotten.
'Tracing Skylines' follows these six skiers on several incredible adventures.