Red Lodge Mountain Resort Employment
Welcome To Red Lodge Mountain Resort
Steps to joining the ranks of Montana ski history…. Step one; buy a pair of skis or snowboard that you would die for and put them on top of the car. Step two; fill the car with all your worldly possessions. Step four; drive to a mountain town away from the hassle and grind of the world. Step five; work for Red Lodge Mountain Resort and ski to your hearts content when you’re not working.
We hope that you’re on step four right now and you’re looking for that out of the way place to stay and play. We’re one of Montana’s largest ski area, we average right around 250 inches of snowfall a year, and yet we can still boast that 5 out of 7 days are sunny and warm. But the best part of working for Red Lodge Mountain Resort is that we are a Resort that still embraces the history and lifestyle of Montana mountain living. By the end of the season everyone in town will know your name and maybe you’ll be on your way to becoming a Red Lodge local.
The Insider's Scoop
Red Lodge Mountain Resort is the last best place in Montana. It's a hidden gem away from the hustle and bustle of the big resorts of the Rockies. The Resort sits just outside the quaint historic mountain town of Red Lodge, Montana. Red Lodge still has no stop lights, offers affordable housing and in no time at all you will know most everyone by name. The night life offers a great variety for anyone; relax and enjoy a locally brewed beer at the tap room or get wild and crazy at one of our “ski-town hotspots” downtown.
Red Lodge offers an affordable grocery store, movie theater, book store, library and great coffee shops. On top of that if you want to have some winter fun there's an ice skating rink and tons of back country wilderness to enjoy. But if for whatever reason you just want to get out of town, we are only a one hour drive from Billings, Montana; the states biggest city.
The Fine Print
- We are open 7 days a week during the ski and golf seasons; a normal work week consists of five 8 hour days (excluding lunch periods); Saturdays, Sundays and holidays may be included in your work week.
- Job opportunities change throughout the season (see the “How to Apply” section). Rate of pay is determined by the specific job and personal performance. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. For the most current job information, call (406) 446-2610. Our winter office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MST, 7 days a week. Our summer office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. MST, Monday through Thursday.
- Interviewing for the winter season begins in September and continues throughout the season.
- Economically-priced employee housing is available in Red Lodge; just contact our Reservations department for a list of contacts.
- A valid Driver’s license is required for many positions with RLMR. Upon hiring you may be required to submit a copy of your current valid driver’s license.
The biggest employee benefit is the town, it hard to find a more affordable, relaxed, unique ski town. And to make sure everyone is having fun on the job, there are several great employee parties throughout the ski season.
- Employee ski pass
- Employee spouses and eligible dependents ski for free if eligible or at a huge discount
- Free rentals and lessons for winter employees are available
- Free skiing privileges at Montana Ski Areas Association member ski areas
- Free skiing at our sister resorts in Lake Tahoe, Ca; Alpine Meadows and Homewood Mountain Resort
- Summer employees play golf at no charge
- Summer employee spouses and eligible dependants golf for free or at a very reduced rate
- Retail, Food and Beverage discounts
- Flexible work hours;
- Full-time, part-time, and internship positions available
- Great co-workers
- Daycare facilities at the ski area
- 401K for eligible employees
How to Apply -
Applications are accepted throughout the year at the Red Lodge Mountain Resort Administration Office by applying online or stopping by to fill out an online application. A personal interview is required before a job offer can be made. It would be great if you could make it in person for this, but we understand if you are to far away from Red Lodge and need to do it over the phone. Most hiring is done in October for ski area positions and in April for the summer crews. However, hiring is also done as needs arise throughout each season so keep your eyes on the site and watch for jobs to update throughout the year.
Red Lodge Mountain Resort recruits internationally each year for applicants interested in working for the company on a J-1 visa. This recruitment effort is coordinated by Universal Student Exchange (USE), an outside company that works with Red Lodge Mountain. A recruiter will be on-site conducting interviews in South America during USE's early September Job Fair. A variety of positions are available for the 2008-09 season.
Please visit the following websites for more information about USE in each country: Peru - www.use.com.pe, Argentina - www.workuse.com, Chile - www.use.cl, Brazil - www.brazil.workuse.com.
Red Lodge Mountain Resort is not currently able to hire employees on H2B visas.